Chipotle Hollandaise Eggs Benedict
It's been a long time since our last blog post. But seeing I get the day off from Mummying today I have a little time to write about my wonderful breakfast.
Husbands/Partners/Boyfriends! Learn how to make this and treat your partner to this delicious twist on eggs Benedict and you will be knotching up those brownie points for sure
2 x free range egg yolks
100 grams of butter
2 tsp of water
2 tsp of vinegar
A can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Separate two eggs and keep the yolks aside.
- Prepare a double boiler (boil water in a saucepan and place a heatproof bowl on top)
- Whisk the egg yolks with the water.
- Microwave the butter for 1 min on high. The butter will melt and separate, take the clarified butter only and leave the milk solids.
- Place the egg mixture in the double boiler and keep whisking.
- Slowly add the clarified butter bit by bit. Keep an eye on the temp of your bowl, if it gets to thick to quickly, take off the heat immediately and add another dash of cold water.
- Once all of the clarified butter is added the mixture will start to thicken. When you reach the desired thickness, add the vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk in the sauce only part of the can of chipotle peppers. We added a tablespoon but you can adjust this to taste.
Toast some ciabatta, spread with mashed avo, add smokey bacon, perfectly poached eggs and spoon over your chipotle hollandaise. Happy Mother's day ladies, Enjoy - Mel xx