Spicy Prawn Pasta in a Tomato Cream Sauce
Pasta, pasta, pasta.
When Leo was in my belly, all I wanted to eat was cake. In fact I at a piece of cake every day for about 4 months. It seems neither of my children want to help my waist line when I am pregnant and this one is all about the carbs. Pasta has become a regular feature in our house lately and this one was a winner for all of us, including Leo (he had 3 serves and ate everyone's left overs)
This is another great weekday meal, that's ready in a flash and will be sure to impress.
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tsp smokey paprika
1 brown onion diced
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp fresh basil, finely diced
1 can tomatoes
150ml thickened cream
250 bowtie or penne pasta
- Place a large pot of salted water and bring to the boil.
- When boiling put pasta into hot water
- Heat a large saucepan to a medium heat, fry the prawns, chilli flakes and paprika for 2 mins.
- Remove from pan
- Add some more oil to the pan and fry onions until soft, add garlic, oregano, cook until fragrant and then add tomatoes and 1/2 cup of water.
- Let the tomatoes reduce and by this time your pasta should be cooked.
- Drain pasta. Add cream and prawns to the tomato sauce, cook for a further 2-3 mins.
- Stir through fresh basil and pasta and serve.