Cost Meter: $
Today in history marks a special day for all Kiwis and Australians. A day when trans-tasman rivalry is laid to rest and we all join together to remember the troops that fought to keep both of our countries safe.
The best way I can think to celebrate the memory of all those who lost their lives or fought for their country is to bake, and spend time with both my Aussie and Kiwi friends. So whether you wear a poppy or a sprig of rosemary, take some time today, to enjoy the day and remember all those loved and lost.
What better recipe to use today then make some traditional Anzac biscuits from the Edmund's Cookbook.
1/2 cup Plain Flour
1/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup dessicated coconut
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 Tbsp golden syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Mix flour, sugar, coconut and rolled oats together in a bowl
- Melt butter and mix with the golden syrup
- Dissolve the baking soda into the boiling water and then mix together with the golden syrup and butter.
- Stir into the dry ingredients
- Make into 20 balls on a greased tray and press flat with a fork
- Back for 20 minutes.