Cost Meter: $
I buy alot of mince, because it's cheap and there are a few different things that I can cook with it. But it's one of those things where you naturally gravitate towards a few set recipes and never break away from it (spag bol, nachos, burritos. shepherds pie etc)
When faced with an almost empty fridge and only mince in the freezer sometimes you have to get a little bit creative. So try this recipe out for size. It's definitely better than 2 minute noodles and surprisingly delicious.
Mince and Noodle Stirfry.
400g beef mince
1/2 brown onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp chilli flakes
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sweet thai chilli sauce
1/2 pack of vermicelli noodles
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
Your choice of leftover vegetables (I used frozen beans and corn, and half a capsicum I had left over in the fridge)
1 fried egg for every bowl.
- Finely chop the garlic and onion and cook in a wok until soft. Boil some hot water.
- Brown the mince and add the chilli flakes, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce
- Pour the hot water over the vermicelli noodles until covered and leave for 5 mins till they soften.
- Add vegetables and cook until soft.
- Stir through the cooked noodles and peanuts
- Serve into bowls and top with fried egg, make sure the yolk is still runny.